Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses Fantasy Horse Racing Blog

A Google search confirms this is the only blog in the world dedicated to the Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses fantasy horse racing game.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Hot Walk: Hansen Shows New Dimension

Not a lot to report, but there are three graded stake races this coming weekend so things will pick up a bit.
  • Thoughts go out to all in Kentucky who felt the effects of the terrible weather last week.  Though the damage was immense and there were some lives lost it's actually amazing things weren't worse than they were.  I know folks whose house was leveled in western Johnson County, but they escaped from harm.  
  • Hansen earned some respect from me this last weekend.  For a front runner he had an unwanted outside post in the Gotham.  He actually eased into a rating position and calmly stalked the pace before unleashing in the last quarter.  My only concern at this point is the lack of class he faced in that race and his ability carry with further distance.  He could easily be in the superfecta range come Derby Day and I think is a must use in exotic wagering. 
  • Tampa Bay Derby, San Filipe, and Swale Stakes are all this coming weekend.  We should see a lot of talent heading to the gate.  I've gotta gain some ground in the standings as I took a gamble and did not pick up Hansen in my stable (yet).  
  • Oh, the John Battaglia Memorial also occurred.  I have no idea who won.  Seriously, a non-grade stakes race at Turfway Park in early March should not be considered a Derby prep race.  
  • New poll question is up.  I included Keeneland even though it doesn't have a tradition prep series because winners of the Blue Grass and Lexington stamp their ticket to the Derby.  And it's Keeneland.  However, I chose Oaklawn as I love the series and really want to get down there for the Arkansas Derby one day.  
Somber, yet sweet song from the legend Mingus to ease into your Monday.  Talk to you Friday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment