Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses Fantasy Horse Racing Blog

A Google search confirms this is the only blog in the world dedicated to the Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses fantasy horse racing game.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Friday Post Parade: Gotham & John Battaglia Memorial

I think it would be pretty cool. 
Let's get to it.  
  • It's official:  we think Baffert only owns red and yellow ties (I think it's 37 yellow and 4 red).
  • So if someone decided to add to my obituary that Jennie Rees retweeted me I'd be cool with that. 
  • We have raised $70 of our fundraising goal of $210.  Let's get it done.  
  • Someone asked me on Twitter last week what I think about the Kentucky State Senate denying Commonwealth voters a chance to vote on gaming in Kentucky.  I'm working on an opinion post so that should be out soon.  
  • Pegasus Pins are out now!  They are one of those little things I miss about the Derby City, but now they can be bought online and I will be purchasing one (green).  The Kentucky Derby Festival is definitely my favorite American fest.  I love Portland, but the Rose Festival pales in comparison.  
  • Not a huge weekend of racing, but with 2YO Hansen running it'll keep the intrigue up a bit.  I'm not a big fan of Hansen.  I'm very suspicious of most precocious 2YOs (especially with a front running style).  We all saw the Holy Bull Stakes.  Love his color and even though I'm generally pretty traditional when it comes to racing I would have liked to have seen the dyed mane and tail
  • I don't think I have any horses running this weekend.  Jockey and trainer points galore. 
  • My Louisville Cardinals v/Morning Dew Stables' Syracuse Orange tomorrow.  Over the last few years I would normally looked forward to this automatic win.  I do not have that feeling now. 
Thought about a number of ways to go with your song of the day.  @pressthepace had me inspired to go with Prince and 'Batdance'.  Interesting, but odd and not one of Prince's finest moments.  Thought to go super cheese with Hanson and 'MMMBop'.  Say what you want, but that's a great pop song.  Ultimately, I decided to go with a safe bet.  I'm a big fan of this Hansen.  He rarely disappoints.
  

$400,000 Gotham Stakes
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer, Odds
1. My Adonis (KY), E Trujillo, 120, K J Breen, 5-1
2. Stealcase (KY), L Contreras, 116, M E Casse, 12-1
3. Finnegans Wake (KY), K J Desormeaux, 116, D L Romans, 20-1
4. Pretension (NY), J Santiago, 116, C W Grove, 20-1
5. Maan (KY), R Maragh, 116, E Kenneally, 15-1
6. Dan and Sheila (KY), J R Velazquez, 116, T A Pletcher, 8-1
7. Suns Out Guns Out (KY), I Ortiz Jr., 116, D L Romans, 30-1
8. Raconteur (KY), C H Velasquez, 120, T A Pletcher, 15-1
9. King and Crusader (MD), M J Luzzi, 116, R E Dutrow Jr., 15-1
10. Side Road (KY), A Garcia, 116, K P McLaughlin, 12-1
11. Done Talking (KY), D Cohen, 116, H A Smith, 20-1
12. Hansen (KY), R A Dominguez, 123, M J Maker, 6-5
13. Tiger Walk (KY), E Castro, 116, I Correas IV, 12-1

$75,000John Battaglia Memorial
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. Dynamical (KY), J Martinez Jr., 118, M E Casse
2. Ill Conceived (PA), S Elliott, 118, J C Servis
3. Phantom Fury (KY), R A Prescott, 118, M E Lauer
4. State of Play (KY), V Lebron, 124, H G Motion
5. Posey Rose (KY), M Pedroza, 118, V D Coyle
6. Mr. Prankster (KY), J McKee, 124, M J Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment