Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses Fantasy Horse Racing Blog

A Google search confirms this is the only blog in the world dedicated to the Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses fantasy horse racing game.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Rise and Fall of Fantasy Derby?

My Derby Horse
This might be my second to last post ever.  I mean EVER.  Might do one more after Derby.  We'll see.  Here is what I know:

  • This year's version of Road to the Roses is awful.  Churchill Downs has stripped it down to a meaningless and boring exhibition.  Maybe it will be like it used to be next year?  I won't hold my breath.  
  • I'm sitting on 280 points and rank 23rd with my stable.  What does that mean?  I have no freakin' idea.
  • Many of you were shut out of setting a stable because the timeline to start one was short and it was a bit confusing this year.  I don't really think you are missing out on anything.
  • Please still contribute to Old Friends.  If we somehow still raise $100 that would be great.  
  • After Derby maybe we just e-mail/tweet how many points we earned and declare a winner that way? Whatever.  
  • Goldencents is my Derby horse.  I'm not even going to look at the Racing Form this year.  Boom.  
  • Let's go out on a great song, covered by great band, in front of a great audience.  Enjoy Derby.  

2 comments:

  1. Agree all around. Really disappointing effort from Churchill this year and one I just don't understand.

    I'm leaning towards Itsmyluckyday for Derby day; love his improvement this year and think he's eligible to move forward off that Florida Derby. But I also think Goldencents is being overlooked by a lot of people; that SA Derby run was quite good from start to finish.

    Should be a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    In fact when someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it occurs.

    Here is my weblog - http://shoeclimax.com/

    ReplyDelete