Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses Fantasy Horse Racing Blog

A Google search confirms this is the only blog in the world dedicated to the Kentucky Derby Road to the Roses fantasy horse racing game.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Monday Hot Walk: My Baby's Got A Secret

I'm wearing my one red tie to match the family. 
How was your weekend?  Oh mine?  It was AWESOME.
  • Gulfstream is apparently our fave Derby prep series.  Surprised.  New poll is up.  
  • Secret Circle did what he was supposed to do in the Rebel and I like what I saw.  He sat in 3/4, cruised a while and was confident to weave through traffic around the far turn and take control.  Beyer Figure of 92 might be a little lower than what I'd like, but still within range.
  • Optimizer! Wow.  Anyone care to comment on that blazing stretch run to nail place?  
  • Top two in our league continue to be ULhothot and People of Iowa's Stable, but The Esper Rose and Morning Dew Stable took big leaps this week.  
  • Derby Love has now been updated for 2012.  It's one of my favorite Derby blogs, but I'm biased because Sea Hero Stables (who runs the site) was my college roommate at UofL.  However, it's new and improved and definitely worth checking out.  And there's a chance to see 19YO Kentucky Bred.  Man, I need to work out more.   
  • Brown Squirrel Stable alerted me of NBC possibly asking Churchill Downs to move Derby later into the evening in the future.  I actually love the idea.  Love Breeders' Cup under lights and the Dubai World Cup is an awesome spectacle.  Just scared to death to have that many drunk people in darkness.  Infield would be out of control. 
  • Vinery Racing Spiral, Rushaway, and Sunland Derby up this weekend.  Still miss Spiral Stakes being called the Jim Beam Stakes and am still amazed it was once call Galleryfurniture.com Stakes.  
  • Had a great weekend.  Best thing that happened?  Hmmm....Oh, I found out UPS doesn't disrespect or hate me.  Thank you UPS.   
Enjoy Kentucky bred Nappy Roots singing bout the world, but still never forgetting where they are from. 

Hit Churchill Downs and throw some on a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment